The Atlantic County Workforce Development Board has established partnerships with local businesses, community organizations, educational institutions and government agencies to provide a seamless system of employment, training and social services to residents and employers in Atlantic county.
The Board is comprised of representatives from Atlantic County. The private sector represents over half of the membership, which provides for a diverse membership drawn from the community.
The WDB has established partnerships with local businesses, community and faith based organizations, educational institutions and government agencies to plan for a seamless system of services that benefit residents and the business community. Furthermore, the Board is tasked with building an extensive network of private and public sector partners to increase business participation in the workforce system, while fostering an environment for provider collaboration and partnerships.
1. To evaluate the local workforce development system to ensure effective and efficient delivery of services
2. To garnish high quality partnerships with the private and public sector businesses
3. To increase our out of school youth services to meet the 75 percent expenditure requirement in accordance with WIOA
4. To serve as a clearinghouse for planning, labor market assessment needs and workforce development services and resources for both the residents and businesses of Atlantic County
5. To enhance our technology to quickly and effectively communicate information to all residents and businesses